sábado, 22 de agosto de 2015

Book Review: BETTER WHEN HE'S BRAVE by Jay Crownover

Review:
***** STARS - I loved it!




Wow, that was a good one!

Here's a little quote for you guys that really got to me:

"I think it's important to make most of what you have. Before you know it, all of it can be gone and then all you're left with is regret" - Reeve

The first thing that I loved about this book was the beginning. Great prologue, it hook me up immediately and it made me fear an crave, at the same time, what was about to come. It was mysterious and full of action and it gave hints about what was going to happen but it also left me in a cliffhanger that only made me want to skip the entire book so I could get some answers. (I didn't, of course)

The book was, in my opinion, very well written. There were lots of inner monologue and that usually bores me, but it was written so right that it didn't happen this time, the inner monologue told a story in itself beyond the interactions with other characters. This allowed me to get to know the leading characters very deeply and understand their complexity and boy do they were complex. Because this story, the story of The Point is not a simple story, it's not light and no fairy tale, it's tough stuff, there's no black and white here, and I think that it's what makes it so good for me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Give me your comments or suggestions!