jueves, 20 de agosto de 2015

Book Review: DEVIOUS MINDS by K.F. Germaine


Devious Minds
 by K.F. Germaine
My rating: 4.5 ***** of 5 stars 


Devious Minds




"A New Adult Comedy 
When Sydney Porter transfers to Northern University, she’s ready to put her past behind her. Landing a job on campus as an irreverent radio personality, she uses the anonymity to air all the campus dirty laundry—earning the infamous Sunday Lane more than a few enemies. But her true passion is spinning records, even if Drunk Earl is her biggest fan. 
Sydney’s junior year kicks off with the promise to be amazing. Or at least it does until Gray Peters, hotshot quarterback, unexpectedly reenters the scene. His presence threatens to destroy everything she has going, as well as resurrecting a night Sydney never wants to remember or repeat. She’d run away like a coward, but this time she's determined to stay and fight. 
A twisted battle of wit and trickery ensues, with one common goal—vengeance. Sydney and Gray set out to make each other miserable. But misery loves company, and soon, walls are destroyed and truths are revealed that could change their future forever. "
*** Contains mature situations and language ***

I think this books was awesome, it was hilarious and smart and it made me smile and laugh a lot, and even get a little bit emotional.
My first thought on the book were a little bit confusing though. I thought we had a strong lead female, with a lot of character and complexity, but a little too vengeful? That thing of the beginning was a little bit too much, but then I remembered this is a comedy and it was everything ok. Also, Sydney's fun as hell and I like her way of thinking.
Gray was totally loveable, smart and hot and a little bit wicked when needed to be. The chemistry between the two lead characters was amazing and I was really digging it.
I need to mention the relationship between Syd and her brother, Jack. It was a complex one, yet I loved it. They love each other and to hear the stories of them as children made me smile and maybe my eyes were shining a bit too much here.
I think the ending was perfect and I wish this was a series 'cause I'd love to know more about Jack, Fernando an Chance, they were super fun characters.
So this was a great book, a light reading but a smart one too, with witty characters and fun love story.


View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Give me your comments or suggestions!